Sunday, December 29, 2013

Welcome to my world, it's -9 with a windchill of -19 here today. I've been interested in Annie Sloan Chaulk paint for over a year now and finally made the decision to purchase some while on vacation. I thought it was a good idea at the time, until a friend of the family informed me that I wouldn't be able to take the paint on the flight home! I was very disappointed. I thought about leaving the package but decided not to do that because I knew that the long winter months at home would be the perfect time to experiment with this 'new-to-me' craze. I packaged it up ever so neatly and went to the post office and was quickly informed that it could not be shipped through the post office. Wow! Who knew that this new hobby of mine was going to be such a challenge just to get home! So off to UPS I went with parcel in hand. They were very friendly and helpful with getting my goods on their way. When my paints arrived at home they were completely frozen. I was seriously thinking that maybe I was not meant to try this new-to-me hobby. I waited for the paints to thaw and have finally started my first project with the paint. I chose a bookcase that was made especially for me by my grandfather when I was a teenager. It has been painted many times over and has most recently been sitting in my basement. I managed to get two coats of Provence on it. I will be putting a coat of antique white next. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment