Sunday, January 12, 2014

Welcome! The temperature here is much milder today than the last time I posted; 8 degrees celcius and it's a rainy day. Great day for getting stuff done around the house and updating my blog. The bookcase project is coming along, very slowly, I have painted one coat of Antique White over the Provenge. It definitely needs another coat and I need to take a trip to the hardware store in preparation for the distressing stage. Not sure how this project is going to turn out because the Antique White didn't handle the freezing as well as the Provenge. It was quite lumpy and even with stirring it's still not a smooth texture. So...lesson learned...do not ship Annie Sloan Chalk paint in the winter months. Anyway, here's a picture of my unfinished bookcase with ?2 coats of Provenge. I'm hoping to be able to do the next coat in the next week or so and then the fun part of this hobby starts- working with the wax! Now I'm off to discover how to make a good soup stock and I'm thinking I'll start with this recipe. Hope it turns out well because I would really like to be able to make some good homemade soup like my mamma. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment