Friday, January 17, 2014

Chai Latte

I have discovered recently that I LOVE the chai lattes made with the Tassimo machines. The only problem with this of course is, I don't have a Tassimo, I don't want to buy one and the only people that I know that have one live 9 hours away from me. I did some research on the spices used in chai and visited a local grocery store and discovered a prepackaged chai mixture. Who knew?! I bought the $6 or $7 dollar quart mixture, threw one cup mixture and one cup milk into my Vitamix (secretly I'm on a mission to justify why I bought a $700 blender) and gave it a whirl. Voila!
It was just as good as the chai latte's made with the Tassimo, I was very pleased. Now there's another problem... I really don't like the price of that chai mixture and decided that I had to experiment with some recipes to see if I can come up with something that would taste just as good. Tonight I tried this recipe. I'm not sure what it tastes like yet but boy if the smell is any indication, it will be good. Unfortunately though I won't be trying this until tomorrow. Stay tuned for taste testing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment