Sunday, January 19, 2014

Winter stores are dwindling...and so is our Snow!

I made apple butter last fall out of our very own apples. We had a great crop of apples last year and I tried a number of different recipes with the apples. The apple butter recipe I used was this one. (Yay! Another justification for my Vitamix purchase!) When I first tasted it I wasn't so sure that I liked apple butter, but it seems I have acquired a taste for it. I ended up with two 250ml jars and one 125ml as pictured above. Sadly though I am into the bottom half of the last of those jars and it's only January!! I've been having it on cinnamon raisin bagels with a bit of cream cheese and I love it. I would like to have tried it on ribs but I guess I won't get to do that with my first batch. I will be making this recipe again though.

No comments:

Post a Comment